Freight companies are government authorized companies that provide service of transporting goods locally and internationally. They provide terrestrial, aerial, marine and rails services to transport goods.
Freight brokers are government regulated and fastened individual or organizations. They act as an agent for providing services to an individual or company who need shipping services of their merchandise. They just arrange a liaison between shippers with a carrier willing to transport the items at reasonable cost. They also don’t take possession of the items being shipped, but they require carrying license and surety bonds.
Houston is the most populous city in Texas. There are a number of freight brokers in Houston. Houston freight brokers are available always available around the clock.
Following is the list of some freight brokers in Houston:
- Highway Haulers Logistics
- Pinnacle Virtual Solutions
- N & J Transport Logistics
- Ekesons Freight Brokerage System
- Central Louisiana Transportation Inc.
- Integrity Transportation Services
- Advanced Container Co
- Dominant Logistics
- American Ocean Freight Service
- Universal Truck Load Inc.
Freight brokers in Houston can provide services for shipping of your merchandise from truckload (TL), less-than-truckload (LTL), refrigerated, expedited, and others services.
Not only these services, but Houston freight brokers also enable the party to gain access to online transportation management system (TMS) tool that allows the concerned company to track trace, contact their rep and manage their shipment.
A number of services are provided by Houston freight brokers that also includes transporting of goods depending upon their size and weight. The size guide is as follow:
- LTL- Less than Truckload Shipping, including common carrier and break bulk ocean freight shipments.
- FTL- Full than Truckload Shipping
- Truckload -48′ and 53′ Dry Van and Refrigerated Trucks, Flatbed, Step deck, and Step deck trailers.
- Super Load- Any loads that have a gross weight of 200,000 lbs or exceeding a total width or height of sixteen feet.
- Oversized Specialized Delivery- – Double Drop and Multi-Axle trailers for over-dimensional and oversized loads in Houston and other cities.
- Container Drayage- 20′ and 40′ container moves from all rail and port locations.
Over-sized loads in Houston:
Oversized loads in Houston or other cities are restricted and require special permits. Adherence to the conditions is unavoidable.
The limitation for over-sized loads in Houston comprises of:
- Loads should not exceed 10′ wide or 100′ long. Legal front and rear overhang may travel at night on the Interstate Highway System only. Escorts not required.
- Loads should not exceed 14′ wide, 16′ high, and 110’ long on the six major holidays.
- When one escort is required, the escort should be in front on a two lane highway and in the rear on a multi-lane highway.
- Overweight can only move in the night. Movement in the day may occur in some special conditions.
- Over-length loads of up to 150′ long, legal width & legal height may convoy in groups of 4 w/front & rear escorts. Up to 180′ long, legal width & legal height may convoy in groups of 2 w/front & rear escorts. Loads may not travel > 1000′ apart.
- Travelling is restricted if road condition gets dangerous due to rain, snow, ice, wind, sleet, or highway maintenance work or when road visibility is less than 2/10 of one mile.
Over-sized specialized delivery:
Over-sized loads in Houston require over-sized specialized delivery. Different freight companies hold the permit of over-sized specialized delivery. For this specialized delivery, equipped freight companies, usually use flat beds, low boys and step decks etc. these vehicles are designed to carry a load that is 50ft long and weighing up to 50,000 lbs.