Moving from one place to another can take its toll on a family not only because of the packing involved but also because of the difficulty in finding air freight services that an efficiently and safely move your stuff. Air freight carriers are a dime a dozen but choosing one requires research and luck.
While air freight forwarding is easier today because of the existence of air freight companies that respond to individual needs, the same reasons make the task more challenging. Here are some tips when choosing your carrier. Click here to read more info about air freight services.
1. Always compare forwarders Forwarders can be found anywhere from the nearest mall to the Internet pages. There are a lot of choices so better do some research and compare the services and also the fees being offered by the carriers. These forwarding companies offer a lot of freebies and discounts due to the cut-throat competition. Prepare a list and check out which of them offers the services you require at the price you can afford.
2. Check out if the company has a branch office in the area where you will be moving your things This would mean lesser charges as compared to companies that do not have a branch in the area of destination because the goods can be delivered straight to your residence without spending a dime for storage expenses. Also, check if they have affiliates in the destination point because that would also be a great factor in their charges.
3. Get feedback on the company Make sure that the company is efficient in its forwarding services which means you can sleep at night while your breakables are halfway across the ocean without fear that your collection will never be the same again the next time you see them. Of course, there is always the insurance provided for breakages but who needs money when it means losing something with sentimental value?
4. Make sure the carrier can deliver the goods in time If you are moving ahead of your things then a little delay would not matter. However, if you are moving ahead and you have to get your stuff ready the soonest possible time then choose a forwarded that can deliver the goods safely and on time.
5. Check on the reputation of the company There are people who have been scammed by forwarders. Ever heard of ransomed belongings? Some companies charge less when you ask them for the fee, but unknowingly there are some hidden contract provisions that require you to pay more when the goods arrive at the destination. What is worse that the company will not release the good unless you pay the extra charges.
Air freight service may look like a simple matter of sending your stuff and paying for the service. But think again. You may have to think twice before deciding on a company especially if you are forwarding valuable goods.